Pool Photo-USA TODAY Sports
There is always something to talk about when it comes to the black-and-gold!
It’s Friday again, so it’s time for the six pack of questions. I know—some may ask why do the questions with the limited commenting going on due to the new system which was launched 11 days ago. While we understand the frustrations, the best thing we can do is still offer you all the opportunity to interact even know the new system doesn’t offer the same things. As the system was described earlier this week in a comment by hampsteel44, it went from a “conversation section” to merely a comment section (which I, Dave, passed on to as high as I can reach at SB Nation). But this is our reality at the present, so the best thing we can do is still offer some Steelers talk.
This week, I, Dave, will be tasked with the questions up for discussion.
The rules are still the same…
Quick rundown of the ground rules.
- I’ll ask at least four questions strictly related to the Steelers.
- The rest of the questions could be about anything.
- Be respectful.
- Have fun talking about the Black-and-gold.
Procedural Note: Since the title feature has gone away, please feel free to leave your usual title as the first line of your response and even bold it if you can for the ease of others.
So here we go! With the formalities out of the way, it’s time to jump on in. Hopefully this party is exactly what you’re looking for on a Friday night. Here goes:
1. I’m going non-Steelers right off the bat. After the change to Coral as the comment system, if there was only ONE thing which could be brought back from the old system, which would be the most important?
2. Padded practices start Monday, so coverage of training camp will be ramping up here at BTSC as more information should be coming available. One thing in particular is a live look-in at camp on Steelers.com at 12:45 PM each day. Will you be checking it out, or will you wait for others to give reports of training camp?
3. Have you ever been to Steelers training camp in Latrobe? If so, how often have you gone? If not, what has kept you from going?
4. Over the last 6 months many of us have spent much more time at home. What is one thing you’ve grown to appreciate from having to “stay at home” which you may not have been able to do otherwise? (For any of you forced to spend less time at home due to the nature of your job, let us know what you’ve been doing)
5. The NFL announced some fantastic numbers when it comes to their COVID-19 testing. Does this give you more hope for an NFL season, or are you still in “wait and see” mode?
6. The NFL has adjusted the rules for 2020 practice squad where as many as 6 veterans (players who would normally not have any practice squad eligibility left) can be a part of the group. Is there a player on the Steelers’ roster who wouldn’t be eligible in a normal year who you think doesn’t make the 53-man roster but does land on the practice squad? (Think of players with 3+ years)
Stay safe out there!
And it wouldn’t be a Friday night unless we said…
HERE WE GO STEELERS!
We added some new shows and a new platform to our podcasts…if you haven’t checked out Jeff’s new morning show Let’s Ride, Bryan and Tony’s Steelers Retro Show or Dave’s Steelers Stat Geek, or even the new evening shows, give them a try by listening below!